A two half-days course that provides a greater understanding of the complexities of lease accounting in a new interactive way, while translating technical contents for business applications to improve staff and organizational performance.
It considers the available practical expedients applicable in implementing the new lease standard.
The module is aimed for accounting professionals, managers and financial controllers who require knowledge or refresher on IFRS 16 and whose lease accounting knowledge is theoretical, newly employed staff, or fresh graduates taking up new accounting roles. It may also be useful to business owners and non-finance managers who make business decisions affecting lease reporting.
You don’t have to be an AARO user to participate, the training suits everyone working with IFRS 16 and lease accounting.
IFRS 16 Lease Accounting
- Overview of IFRS 16
- Definition and scope of leases
- Practical aspects and scope exclusions
- Separation of contract components
- Accounting for leases
- IFRS 16 transition options
- New amendments
- Subject matter experts with experience of implementing IFRS projects.
- Accessible and customized learning for finance and non-finance professionals.
- We share implementation challenges having supported companies automate lease accounting.
- We assign specific content based on learner requirement.
Target group: This course is specially developed for finance professionals who have assumed new lease reporting roles and non-finance managers making decisions on adopting the new lease standard for the first time. It can also apply to accounting professionals that need to refresh and/or build their knowledge of IFRS’s needed for company or group reporting.
- ✅ Financial controllers
- ✅ Accountants at subsidiary or group level
- ✅ Internal/External auditors
- ✅ Members of audit committees
Suggested next training: AARO Lease IFRS 16
Time (per day) (CET): 08:30 am-11:30 am.
Time (per day) (EAT): 10:30 am-1:30 pm.
Time (per day) (GST/Dubai): 11:30 am-2:30 pm.
(Please login to the training session 15 minutes before the start time, to allow time for any technical issues to be resolved.)
|Jan -21||Feb -21||March -21||April -21||May -21|