This two half-days course simplifies the information needed to identify the specific requirements of the new IFRS 17 Insurance standard. It also brings the participants up to date with the possible application challenges, to improve staff and organizational performance.
Considering this is a big, new standard for a big, old industry, the training highlights the available practical expedients applicable in implementing the new standard.
The module is aimed for accounting and finance professionals, financial controllers, actuaries, analysts, management staff and auditors who require working knowledge of IFRS 17 as they prepare to adopt the standard or staff taking up new insurance accounting roles. It may also be useful to business owners and non-finance managers who make business decisions affecting insurance reporting.
You don’t have to be an AARO user to participate, the training suits everyone working with IFRS 17 insurance contracts.
IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts
- Overview of IFRS 17
- Introductions, objectives, and background
- Definition and scope of leases
- Determining the unit of account (aggregation and groups of contracts)
- IFRS 17 accounting models
- IFRS 17 measurement and presentation
- General model
- Premium allocation approach (The PAA)
- Modifications to the general model
- Contract modifications
- IFRS 17 transition options and disclosures
- IFRS 17 presentation and disclosure
- Subject matter experts with experience of implementing IFRS projects.
- Accessible and customized learning for finance and non-finance professionals.
- We assign specific content, based on learner requirement.
Target group: This course is specially developed for finance and actuarial professionals who have assumed insurance reporting roles, and non-finance managers making decisions on adopting the new Insurance standard for the first time. It can also apply to accounting professionals that need to working knowledge of IFRS’s needed for company or group reporting.
- ✅ Finance, risk, and actuarial staff
- ✅ Financial controllers
- ✅ Accountants at subsidiary or group level
- ✅ Internal/External auditors
- ✅ Business managers
- ✅ Members of audit committees
Time (per day) (CET): 08:30 am-11:30 am.
Time (per day) (EAT): 10:30 am-1:30 pm.
Time (per day) (GST/Dubai): 11:30 am-2:30 pm.
(Please login to the training session 15 minutes before the start time, to allow time for any technical issues to be resolved.)
|Jan -21||Feb -21||March -21||April -21||May -21|